What You Need To Know
Probate of a will or estate administration is the process to distribute property of a deceased loved one through probate court according to a will or by law if there is no will. We can help clear up problem areas you may face before, during or after the “pendency” of your probate case.Schedule Your Free Consultation
How A Probate Attorney Can Help
Probate attorneys and probate lawyers can help you with the probate of a will and a number of problems you may find when dealing with the Probate Courts. Estate administration is only one way that a probate lawyer or probate attorney can help. There are a lot of problems listed below that may or may not require court action. At Hopkins Law Firm we can help you resolve these issues and save money. We will ensure your case is closed and help your family move on.
For Personal Representatives Or Executors
Common problems you can find in your probate case include:
- Drafting and filing a deed of distribution: when you need one, drafting and where to file.
- Dealing with creditors: how to use the law to protect from creditors
- Paying bills and beneficiaries properly: there is a priority for who gets paid and when
- Accounting: keep beneficiaries properly informed to avoid disputes
There are ways to ensure your interest in an estate or by will is protected. These include that you:
- Request an accounting from a probate case.
- Get a copy of a probate will.
- Get copies of probate court records.
- Know when to expect payment: there is a certain amount of time.
- Understand which filings you should receive and how to request the information.
- Be aware of when and how to request a hearing to get things done.
Unfortunately, you may need to jump through some hoops, but we can help you:
- Determine whether the estate can afford to pay.
- Understand how and when to properly file a claim: theres is a limited time to file.
- Deal with a disallowance: filing for allowance of a disallowed claim.
- Know when to negotiate a creditor’s claim.
- Request the sale of property to fulfill your claim.
We Are Here to Help
Contact Hopkins Law Firm, LLC, at 843-894-2377. If you would like more information about your specific case, you can meet with an attorney from our Pawleys Island team. We will listen to your story, let you know what we can do, and how we can help. You may also email us with a detailed description of your case and we will reach back out to you. We are your local attorneys and we are here to help.